Anyone is welcome to contribute and edit content in the IMPOWR Research Database. Volunteer "Contributors" research, write and edit the content in the database. We are always looking for Contributors with expertise and knowledge of laws in countries where English is not an official language and/or the laws are not readily accessible online.
Here’s how to become a Contributor:
- Please fill out our Contributor Volunteer Form. When we receive your expression of interest, we will contact you to discuss an appropriate assignment and timeframe for completion.
- New Contributors should view the Contributor Training PowerPoint, found under the Database tab on our website to get started with your work. The Database Training Manual will assist new Contributors with technical questions about how to enter information into the IMPOWR database. Additionally, IMPOWR’s Research Committee put together an IMPOWR Research Guide in order to ensure continuity in the methods of research and inputting of content into the IMPOWR database. Furthermore, we have linked a number of online resources that current Contributors find especially useful to our website under Resources and Research Tools. Please send us other links to include through our Contact form.
We also encourage experts in the field to provide updates and oversight of the content posted by Contributors in order to keep it up-to-date, relevant and accurate. To create a new account, submit a request through the "Create New Account" form using a valid email address. The email address is not made public and will only be used to verify your request and send you a temporary password.
If you are new to international legal research it is often difficult to figure out which country or topic you want to begin researching. If you find yourself in this position, there are a number of questions that you can ask yourself to help you narrow the focus of your research:
- Which countries do you have experience living, working and/or traveling in?
- Which languages can you read/write/ speak?
- Is there a culture and/or country that you have always wanted to explore?
- Within which topic areas do you have research and/or work experience?
- Is there a particular topical area within which you would like to strengthen your knowledge?