Effective: August 1, 2013
1. AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND IMPOWR
2. USE THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
THE GOAL OF THE IMPOWR WEBSITE IS TO AGGREGATE INFORMATION ABOUT WOMEN’S RIGHTS LAWS FROM AROUND THE WORLD. THE CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE IS GATHERED AND CREATED BY AN ONLINE COMMUNITY OF CONTRIBUTORS. THOUGH WE MAY MODIFY AND UPDATE CONTENT AT ANY TIME IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE THE WEBSITE CURRENT AND ACCURATE, WE DO NOT HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY TO MONITOR, EDIT, OR UPDATE ANY OF THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INACCURATE INFORMATION. THOUGH CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE INFORMATION ABOUT THE LAW INCLUDING COMMENTS, OPINIONS, RECOMMENDATIONS, ANSWERS, ANALYSIS, REFERENCES, REFERRALS, AND OTHER LEGAL CONTENT AND INFORMATION IT IS NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU AND US OR ANY CONTRIBUTOR.
4. WEBSITE USE
The Website, all information, files, and materials that are provided through this Website (“Content”) are owned by us and our content providers. You may use the Website and Content and view, upload, modify, copy, print content, and to contribute to articles only for your personal and noncommercial use. You may not otherwise use, modify, copy, print, display, reproduce, distribute, or publish any information from this Website without OUR express permission.
The Website may contain communication facilities designed to enable you to submit Content and communicate with us and the public at large. You agree to use the Website only to post, send and receive information and material that are appropriate and related to the goal of the Website. You agree that when using the Website, you will not engage or attempt to engage in any improper uses. Improper uses include, but are not limited to:
- violating any applicable law or regulation;
- posting or transmitting content you do not have the right to post or transmit;
- removing or obscuring the copyright notice or other notices displayed in connection with the content accessible through the Website;
- posting or transmitting content that infringes a third party's trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, publicity, privacy, or any other rights;
- posting, transmitting content, or revising content in any way that is unlawful, fraudulent, untrue, stalking, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, tortious, threatening, obscene, hateful, abusive, harmful or otherwise objectionable as determined in our sole discretion;
- causing damage to our operations, reputation, employees, subscribers, facilities, or to any person;
- attempting to intercept, collect or store data about third parties without their knowledge or consent;
- deleting or tampering with material posted by any other person or entity;
- accessing, tampering with or using non-public areas of the Website, IMPOWR's computer systems and network or any IMPOWR website;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures;
- attempting to access or search the Website, our network or any of our websites in any manner that is not authorized, including by any means other than through the interface that we provide, such as any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism other than the software and/or search agents provided by us or other generally available third party web browser;
- sending or attempting to send unsolicited messages, including, but not limited to, promotions or advertisements for products or services, "spam", "chain mail" or "junk mail";
- using or attempting to use the Website, our network or any of our websites to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Website, our network or any of our websites;
- interfering or attempting to interfere with the Website or access of any user, host or network, or Website functionalities or servers and networks connected to the Website, including, but not limited to, sending a "virus" to the Website, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "crashing," or "mailbombing" the Website;
- sending automated queries of any sort to the Website, including using any software which sends queries to determine how a website or webpage "ranks" for various queries, "meta-searching," or performing "offline" searches on the Website;
- impersonating or misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity;
- using the Website or any content for any commercial purpose without our prior written permission;
- using the Website to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "Ponzi schemes," unregistered sales of securities, and securities fraud;
- excessively high volume data transfers or bandwidth consumption, hosting of a web server, internet relay chat server or any other server, and non-traditional end user activities; or
If we suspect violations of any of the above, we may institute legal action and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in bringing legal proceedings against you. You agree to reasonably cooperate with us in investigating suspected violations.
5. THIRD PARTY WEB SITE LINKS.
The Website may contain links to other third party web sites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for any Linked Site, including but not limited to any content contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the site or any association with its operators.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
THE WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", “WITH ALL FAULTS,” AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF (A) MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) ADEQUACY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, AND COMPLETENESS OF THE WEB SITE, INFORMATION, CONTENT, OR RESULTS; (C) ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (D) SECURITY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
THE WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS OBTAINED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. AS SUCH YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE AND LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANY ACTION YOU TAKE OR FAIL TO TAKE BASED ON ANY INFORMATION OR ON THE WEBSITE.
7. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
THE EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES UNDER THE FIRST PARAGRAPH OF THIS SECTION IS INDEPENDENT OF YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN THE SECOND PARAGRAPH AND IT SURVIVES IN THE EVENT SUCH EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR IS OTHERWISE DEEMED UNENFORCEABLE. BOTH OF THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM (A) BREACH OF CONTRACT, (B) BREACH OF WARRANTY, (C) FAULT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND MISREPRESENTATION), (D) STRICT LIABILITY OR (E) ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION UNDER LAW OR EQUITY, TO THE EXTENT SUCH EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS ARE NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
8. WEBSITE REGISTRATION
To access the Website and Content, you do not need to register. If you want to submit or edit content or post questions or comments you must register and create a user profile by providing a user name and email address. Upon creating a profile, you will receive a one-time access link and upon your first log-in you will be required to create your own password. You, not us, are solely responsible and liable for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for all activities that occur under your profile. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to your password or use of your profile or any other breach of security.
9. WEBSITE CONTRIBUTIONS
Any information, including feedback, suggestions or other materials you post, upload, input or submit to us through the Website (collectively "Submissions") is submitted voluntarily and will not be considered or treated as confidential or proprietary. No confidential relationship is established by disclosure of any Submissions or implied from our consideration of any Submission. No obligation of any kind (including, but not limited to, any compensation) may be assumed by, nor implied against us by virtue of any Submission made by you. We will not be subject to any liability in connection with the receipt, examination, or use of any Submission disclosed through this Website.
We do not claim ownership of any Submissions you provide to IMPOWR through the interactive communication facilities contained on the Website, such as forums and blogs. However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your Submission you are granting us, our affiliated companies, successors, and assigns an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, fully paid up right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, edit, translate and reformat your Submission in connection with the operation of the Website and their businesses. We are under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and may edit, block, refuse to post, or remove any Submission at any time in our sole discretion. You warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission, including, but not limited to, the rights granted in this Section 9.
We do not control or endorse any Submissions including, but not limited to, the content or information found therein. Contributors are not authorized to be our spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect ours.
You can terminate your account by sending a request to email@example.com. We may terminate your account and/or deny you access to the Website at any time with or without notice. We may retain all your Submissions and information.
11. CORPORATE IDENTIFICATION AND TRADEMARKS
All our trademarks, service marks, and trade names (collectively “Marks”) are our trademarks or registered trademarks . You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, or modify the Marks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on this Website, without our prior written consent. The use of the Marks on any other website or networked computer environment is not allowed. You may not use the Marks as a “hot” link on or to any other website unless we approve the link in writing in advance.
12. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide us the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement should be sent to:
1050 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
Attention: Section of International Law
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1050 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
Attention: Section of International Law
15. GOVERNING LAW
16. GENERAL PROVISIONS